Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd is looking for a highly-skilled individual to take the position of People Lead. Do you have what it takes to join the airline?
Local People Expertise and Processes
- Provide a reliable and approachable point of contact for Human Resource queries from the local team.
- Act as a contact point for union relationships or employee committee relationships on a day to day level and be able to cater to different requests from employee groups.
- Conduct committee meetings to support key objectives of employee and company working groups including safety committee, focus groups, or consultation meetings.
- Ensure that Cathay people processes are conducted in an accurate and customer-focused manner
- Ensure that all people processes are conducted in compliant manner and work with regional teams to address any compliance issues.
- Ensure key processes such as timekeeping, leave, and attendance, payroll and related administration are done in an effective manner and that country line managers and employees are well-informed of processes and policies.
- Ensure that local people data is accurate and updated within the relevant systems.
- Provide input on local legal requirements or industrial circumstances to the regional team.
- Assist in the preparation of annual staff budgets and remuneration review processes and analysis and communication to support this.
Provide in-country people support
- Provide advice and support to line managers and the Country Manager on day to day people issues and concerns.
- Act as a point for reporting people issues which are raised in-country including discrimination, bullying or harassment, health and safety or conflict resolution.
- Support the Country Manager to create a positive and supportive culture within the Cathay operation such as supporting the cascade of key communications around strategy or people processes.
- Provide immediate and hands-on support to people issues that emerge and escalate to regional team for ongoing support in a timely manner.
- Responds as first point of contact to any business risks, business continuity or Emergency and Accident people response requirements.
- Support country management team with any other initiatives or task as reasonably requested.
Execution of Global and Regional Initiatives
- Under the guidance of the regional team, activate and execute local programmes to drive engagement, performance culture, training, reward, recognition to help nurture the Cathay culture.
- Communicate key people policy changes or programmes to the local team with relevant local context.
- Provide valued local input on design and development on programmes via the regional team and within the broader global people team.
- Provide detailed feedback on global initiatives and how they are working in the local context.
- Work very closely with the Regional Engagement, Development and Performance Manager, the Regional Employee Relations and Policy Manager, and the Regional Talent Acquisition Lead (if applicable) to understand and implement regional and global people strategies.
People Development and Performance Management
- Lead, support and encourage own team to achieve success
- Build a strong and motivated team, ensuring the right organisational structure and the right people are in place to foster positive team spirit and facilitate teamwork
- Supervise and mentor direct reports, encouraging effective collaboration
- Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with Cathay’s core values
- Develop employees with high potential and identify learning opportunities to ensure appropriate training and development
- Maintain active and ongoing dialogue in relation to employee goals and individual performance
- Actively engage with employees to enhance communication and their understanding of department goals
- Enhance the employee experience in line with the role level and the internal brand promise
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
- Responsible for payroll Administration/process
- Responsible for Formalities
- University Degree in any field, preferably in Human Resources
- At least 4 years’ experience of working in an HR environment
- High level of written and verbal communication skills for a variety of situations and audiences both in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communicator
- Ability to handle conflict and mediate to achieve a timely and positive outcome
- Has an approachable and open style of communication
- Practical knowledge of Human Resource compliance and processes
- Collaborative and works well with remote teams
- Proactive and energetic
- High levels of integrity, trusted and able to exercise discretion
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Building Partnerships
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Leading and Engaging Teams
- Developing and Recognising Others
Application deadline: 26 March 2020
Interested candidates have to apply online via JobStreet (click here).
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.